Junior Players Program
General InformationThe Junior Players Program (ages *3-7) is a Creative Dramatics Program for children too young to participate in LPRT’s summer production. The Junior Players program focuses on age appropriate dramatics, movement and musical experiences such as acting out stories, beginning improv, vocal exercises and movement games. Children are also provided with an opportunity to learn two musical numbers with simple choreography to perform at the opening at each performance of the summer show. Children get to practice being on stage, using stage voices, bowing and exiting the theater and most are excited about being ‘in the show’. No child is required to perform. Junior Players are invited to perform their songs at the beginning of each performance. As the Children learn lyrics and choreography for a medley of songs, we will furnish parents with written lyrics and audio files so that they can practice at home! *If space permits conditional exceptions may be made for younger children
Registration Pricing$195 (registration is full)
An informal parent meeting happens during the first junior players session. Once the kids are settled and going, we will meet outside at the tables by the Ben Lomond Market. We will get to know each other and go over any questions. We can be reached with questions at any time via email.
There are 7 sessions in total and happen mainly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45 to 5:00 p.m. until dress rehearsal.
- June 27
- (no session July 4th)
- July 2
- July 9
- July 11
- July 16
- July 18
- July 23
Thanks for helping reduce the noise level and chaos inside Park Hall by leaving (particularly if you have younger siblings) if possible, once your little actor is comfortable and then returning for the last 5-10 minutes to be their audience while they rehearse their song onstage.
Please let us know of food allergies, medical issues or concerns when registering your child.
Here’s how it works:
- Please sign up by dress rehearsal for any performance(s) your actor will be performing . There will be an online sign up on our website. Also, if you are unsure how often your child may want to perform, you can update your online sign up but we’d like to know by noon on the date of any given performance. Thanks!
- Drop off time will be 45 minutes prior to show start (6:45pm for evening shows and 1:15pm for the 2 matinees). Walk your child into Park Hall- there will be a junior player RA on the lookout for you! If you have tickets to watch the show, you may want to be line earlier to get a good seat- we cannot save seats except for the visual or hearing impaired (in which case, email us in advance and our house manager will reserve a seat).
- Parents without tickets cannot stand in the back to watch the junior players perform as this is a fire safety issue and the local fire dept. is strict on regulations- sorry! There is usually a live feed television in the concessions area and you are welcome to hang out there and watch.
- After the actors have finished performing, those who have a ticket to watch the show will have a seat ready for them in the children’s seating area upfront (unless you want them to sit with you). We have a junior player RA sit in the children’s seating area during the performance to support the kids with any needs.
- If your actor is not staying to see the show, a Junior Player RA will escort him/her outside and release them to you.